The Preschool opened 41 years ago, in January 1976, and operates under the
Nurture and Ministry of Gaithersburg Presbyterian Church. It is licensed by
Montgomery County as Private Educational Institution and is approved by the State of Maryland. The
Preschool and Kindergarten meet all Maryland State Department of Education
requirements regarding staff qualifications, facility, policies and curriculum.
- GPP&K exceeds the MMSR (Maryland Model for School
Readiness) guidelines for all of our 3 year old, 4 year old
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes.
- All of our Four year old pre-kindergarten classes are academically
'Kindergarten Preparatory' classes. They are designed to prepare children
- Chapel Time is held in the church sanctuary every Monday
with our own music teacher. The afternoon older 3's Plus and all 4 year old
pre-kindergarten classes, Pre-K Plus & Kindergarten participate by singing songs, learning
prayers, and listening to Bible Stories. The morning Three year old classes
have music with our music teacher bi-weekly to learn new songs. Activities with music are a part of the
daily experience in all of our classes.
- The Preschool and Kindergarten will hold Parent/Teacher
Conferences to give parents the opportunity to have a face to face meeting
with the teacher to discuss progress and goals.
- Newsletters with curriculum objectives are sent home monthly.
information is also included in the monthly newsletters and on the front
page of this website.
- Once a
month the preschool children make or bake their own snack. Kindergartners make their
own healthy snack once each week. If a child has food allergies, the snack must be
provided by the parent.
- Development of self control is encouraged by teaching and practicing
respect for others, introducing activities that promote cooperation and by
adapting the program for individual needs.
- The building is secure with all outside doors locked. Parents wishing to
enter the building will push the call button to be
- GPP&K covers the cost of vision and hearing screening for all preschool and
- GPP&K is a 'NUT FREE' school! Due to
allergies, we do not allow peanut butter or nuts of any kind in the school.